Friday, October 10, 2008

So I arranged for these two to go out on a date just before I left Utah. Then my job was to back off and see what would happen. I asked how they were doing a bit later and in response I got this photo.

It says a lot!

I haven't been getting much sleep these past few weeks. About 10 days ago I was finally going to get some rest (more than 5.5 hours) and went to bed. At 11:30pm I got a phone call. It was from Mike. It was good news. Something he and I had been talking about for a long time finally happened. He was excited. I was sleepy.

As mention in the previous post, I had to be in at work early and had a 3:00am wakeup. Yes there is a 3:00 in the morning for those of you who didn't know. So I crashed putting the boys to bed last night.

Wouldn't you know it, around 11:00 there was a phone call from Mike. Chrissy answered, woke me up and it was good news once again.

He wanted to tell me that McKell got a new ring and he bought it for her.

There's a bit of pride involved in playing match maker. After all this makes two couples I've introduced. My efforts are minimal compared to the amount of work it takes to create a family and keep it together. They're wonderful people. They're a wonderful couple. Just the sort of wonderful people that causes a loving Heavenly Father to send an invitation to the highest covenant man can make here on earth.

Congrats Mike and McKell! I'm glad to be your friends.

This photo is definitely NOT their baby. If we give them time I'm sure we'll see one like it in a few years. :-)

2 comments:

mckell said...

Thanks Jake! Hopefully everyone reads the text under the pic with the baby... oh well lol. Have a fantastic day! sorry to wake you up.

www.trailbrain.com said...

Be happy you at least got the comment underneath. You're the ones that posed in the rather (should I say it?) Promiscuous photo.

We love you, congrats.

Now let's see that press release regarding the wedding eh?

Post a Comment