Monday, September 29, 2008

















So last week Eliza had to take a shower before school. She decided to use the one in the master bathroom. She told Chrissy there was mouse on the floor.

We believed her. We live in the country.

Later that week I got up early and saw the mouse running around behind some photos we still haven't hung up yet.

Now Chrissy and I have been talking about getting a cat for outside and the kids and I went to the dollar store to get some mouse traps.

Yes, I prefer doing things the old-fashioned way. I bait my traps with peanut butter (chunky) and sunflower seeds. It worked well in Iraq, and now it works in Oklahoma.

Yes, we got 'em.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gillz said...

Aw....the poor thing!! Peanut butter is a smart trick though....cheese is way to easy to scoot off the trap unscathed.

Roeckers said...

Hi there Em! It's been a while since we've seen a blog entry from you. I've been speculating what you've been up to.

I've seen on facebook that you've been gone for a while. I've been semi-deprived of well written blog entries--you do a good job constructing sentences.

Peanut butter is defiantly the way to go. I'd recommend it to anyone. I hope your home doesn't have any of these little critters running around. When they get to nesting you tend to lose socks.

Take care!

Matt and Haley Hargrave said...

Awesome kill! Question? Did you eat it? BB-Q Rat is awesome.

Roeckers said...

Umm.... It's a mouse. If it were a rat I would have called you and asked you to cook it. Since it's a mouse you didn't get a phone call...

Now, if you want to grill a mouse let me know and I'll bait some traps outside--I'll kill the vermin--you bring the charcoal.

-Jacob

Post a Comment