Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So when you've got to go to a mandatory function there's a few things you do.
  • You get dressed up fancy.
  • You open the door for your wife.
  • You compliment her appearance
  • Oh yeah! And you get a baby-sitter!
Since it was a school night we couldn't ask any of the neighborhood kids. So we asked Matt Hargrave to watch the munchkins. For payment, we fed him.



He brought over his gas-powered remote controlled car. It was a curiosity with the kids. I mean it was like Lehi discovering the Liahona. They watched intently. As it sputtered and revved there were awaiting what it was going to do next.

Then it started. The revving turned into motion and it sped across the grass, driveway and the road. The small machine ran one direction then another. It darted around like a rabbit chance from Wild America.


I stood there with the camera on the side and I could almost hear the voice of Marty Stouffer talk about the great hunter emerging to it's pray. Moby was very interested. He didn't bite it, but tried to intimidate it through barking at it.


He barked and ran, and ran and barked. He did this for about 20 minutes. The other dogs in the neighborhood joined in. Moby was leader of the pack of barkers. What great fun! He barked so much he was hyperventilating for a few minutes afterwards.



Chrissy and I left for our function. Matt was off to a good start. He had the kid's attention. When we came home they were dressed and watching Florence Henderson on the Muppet show. We said prayers, and put them to bed.

Matt may tell you that he feels like he lives in a prison. When he's here, our home feels better. I think he's got a crappy barracks room to encourage him to come visit more often.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Olson Clan said...

Hmmm, seems to me we once had a great babysitter. Only this one let the children repel out of a window :)

Roeckers said...

I guess I know what good babysitters look like when I see them.

Besides rappelling is fun right?

Matt and Haley Hargrave said...

The barracks are the bad place I come to your house to get away. I'm gonna have to try that repeling thing next time. We'll send Rainy down head first I think he'll like that :) anything to hear him laugh right?!

Post a Comment