Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You know there's a lot of unanswered questions in life. There are trivial unanswered questions. Like those math problems about one train leaving Denver and another one leaving Los Angeles and when they're going to crash. I mean really--who takes the train anymore? Why should I care?

The hot-dog bun phenomena. While can't the hot dog companies and the bun companies come to a consensus on a common denominator for the bun/dog ratio? I understand that there are some exceptions, but I think the issue is still perplexing the populous.

Then there's the unspoken questions. Why is it taboo to openly discuss race issues in America? This presidential campaign gives us a terrific opportunity to confront some of the underlying themes in our society, and yet the subject is once again tabooed. Polite conversations do not continue when race issues are brought up--I've tried.

There's the important questions as well. Of course I can't think of any important unanswered questions at the moment. I'm sure there out there though. Although not as important I can ask this one:

THE WAFFLE QUESTION: How come Eggo waffle's advertising campaign hasn't started using this song? I mean really, you figure in the 16,000+ times it's been viewed someone from the marketing department at Kellogg's would have had a cousin tell them about it. I mean really, it's catchy, clever, clean, and fun to sing with the kids.





Brian Biehle does a great job orchestrating all of his kid's music. We've got both CD's lying around here at the house and listen to the songs frequently. A number of years ago we took Brian's song "Pretend" and made a montage out of it with Eliza.

I've talked to Brian on the phone a time or two about how he took his aspirations of being a rock star from large concerts to kid's classrooms. He's found a great niche, scored a few 'cool points' with his kids, and helped me build bonds with mine. Brian, it's not much, but this blog post is for you! Thanks!

If you'd like to find out more about Brian & his music visit http://brianbiehle.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment